Thursday, August 16, 2007

Induction! Yippee!

Ok. I went to the Dr.'s this morning, quite nervous, and found out my fate. The baby hasn't dropped yet, and my cervix isn't dilated, although it is thinning and softening a bit. So, he set me up to be induced on Sunday night. I just hope the beds aren't too uncomfortable. It kinda sucks that I have to go in at night, and then wait for the drugs to work. I'd much rather sleep in my own bed. Oh well.

It was weird. I was thinking about my grandmother, who's been gone for 3-and-a-half years, on the way to the Dr.'s office. Right then, this song that reminds me of her, which I never hear on the radio anymore, came on. I just started crying right there. I think she was trying to tell me to chill and that everything will be ok.

I just can't believe the baby is coming in a few days. It's kinda crazy knowing when it's happening, as opposed to having my water break the old fashioned way. I think it makes me a little more nervous to know when I'm going to the hospital, though. A big part of me thinks I'll end up with a C-section. This baby is a porker! I just hope the drugs work! Wish me luck! We'll have a baby soon!

1 comment:

Sue said...

That's great news! Everything will be great and if you do have to have a c-section the thing to remember is you will have a beautiful baby when it's done! I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one. Good luck to both you and Dan.