Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Not Feeling Too Shabby

It's weird. I haven't felt really sick to my stomach for a couple of weeks. It's kinda cool, but whenever Dan asks me how I am feeling, and I say, "good!", he is disappointed! It's like he'd rather I'd be heaving all the time. My mother tells me that she was never really sick during her pregnancies, so I'm probably just lucky like her. I am having a hard time with the whole eating smaller meals thing, though. They say you should eat smaller, more frequent meals, so you don't get too full, or too hungry in between meals, yadda yadda yadda.

So, here's what happens every day- I wake up pretty hungry, I eat some cereal or a begal, and then I usually take about two or three hours to digest it, so I don't really do much, b/c I am stuffed. Then, I get hungry again, and eat a small lunch, digest again for a few hours, and this is when I get really tired, and again I don't really do much. It's a good thing I am only working one or two days a week, b/c this is a crazy way to be! At dinner time, I usually don't have much of an appetite, and whatever I eat makes me feel so bloated, and I love to lay down at night to watch tv, b/c of course I am so tired by 7pm, but it takes hours for me to be able to do this after dinner. And Dan and I were just saying today that we can't wait until there's more proof that there's a baby in there, and my belly starts to stick out like it should. Come on, already! Show me something!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad you're feeling well! From what I've seen with my friends, fatigue is the number one issue in early pregnancy. Thanks for the IUI opinions - I have several other questions I just posted - if you've had any personal experience with them, please let me know!